Today’s translation request is from Ritisha who wanted to make a cape. This pattern is from www.m-pattern.com. There were quite alot of pages included in this pattern, including some sewing guides but I will only focus on the actual steps and any other important points needed to make the cape. She wanted to make style I, so here are the size chart, materials and steps involved.
Size chart and and Materials needed
Special Note below size chart : Seam allowances are included in all patterns.
Note that there are two sets of bust measurements. One is the “nude measurement” (direct translation) which I think means the actual body measurement. The second measurement is actual garment measurement. I guess this was included to give you an idea of the roominess of the cape?
Cutting pattern includes pattern pieces for both Style I and II.
Note the red circles which mean not used for Style I so you don’t need to trace them.
Order of Sewing Steps in point form
(refer to actual diagrams for details of each step)
1. Apply anti-stretch tape (stabilizer tape) to collar of front and back bodice pieces.
2. Fold, Iron and Hem seam allowance of sleeve opening’s hemline.
3. Sew shoulder seams of bodice and facing pieces.
4. Finish edges of Facing pieces with overlocker
5. For style 1 – Finish the collar (see step 5 details)
6. For style 2 – Make the collar (see details)
7. Stitch down on front and back facing pieces.
8. Make button holes and attach buttons
9. Sew lines to make sleeves (See diagram)
Details of Step 5 for Style I
1. Fold front edges (see arrows with label 折山) as shown in diagram, so that bodice and facing pieces are facing right sides together.
Sew collar seam with 1.0cm seam allowance.
2. Cut away 0.5cm of collar seam allowance.
3.Flip back to right side and iron edges.
Ritisha, I hope this is sufficient for you to work with! If there is anything else I left out but seems important, just email me again.
Hope to see pictures of your cape soon! Happy Sewing!