And we have a winner! Congratulations to Fay Roberts who just won herself a Cucito Autumn 2012 magazine. Fay, I will be emailing you shortly for your mailing address.
Just in case you are wondering how the draw was conducted.
- First I cut and pasted all the comment entries into a text document.
- Next, I entered all the names into an excel spreadsheet.
- Then, based on the eligibility criteria, I allocated multiple chances for those who follow me on more than one platform.
- Using a random function in the spreadsheet, I randomized the order for the whole list of names in the spreadsheet so that the multiple instances of the same name are not next to each other.
- I assigned index numbers to each entry, and using another random function, I generated a random number that was within the number of entries, then I matched the number to the name. Voila!
I know, it sounds kind of convoluted, but I love spreadsheets. I’m actually an engineering grad who has more passion for sewing than engineering, but despite having forgotten everything I learnt in school, I never pass up the chance to use a spreadsheet. Anyway, I was just trying to show you that the process was absolutely random, and therefore fair. But it did take a little longer than drawing a number out of a hat, so I kind of skipped on yesterday’s free pattern post. oops!
For the rest of you who didn’t win, stay tuned because there will be another giveaway in December to celebrate my blog turning 1! (Hint: It may not be a book, but definitely something related to sewing, and it will be something from my upcoming trip to Japan ) I’m also planning a sew-along and some free patterns. So do check back often!