Translated project #1 – Pocho Smock
I was asked to translated this pattern for a smock (nani IRO 2009 recipe No. 3) sometime end of last year. Finally got around to making one for myself! Before I sew with very precious fabric, I usually make a muslin first just to be sure the size and cutting is right. I made this out of clearance $3/m cotton lawn which was light and airy and perfect for this pattern. So I decide to finish it up properly and actually wear it!
There is supposed to be some embroidered detail down the front opening, but I’ve decided to leave that out. Here’s a close up of the finishing around the collar.
And the sleeves. It’s a loose fitting smock so it’s quite forgiving when it comes to the fit. Love it!
Click image to view.
Project number 2 that was translated is the Apron dress.
This was requested by Jaya recently and unfortunately that is the largest size of the finished picture I could find. It’s basically an apron layered dress. Size 110. This pattern is from the 2006 collection of patterns.
The original pattern link is here