It’s the time of the year again for the release of a new range of nani IRO fabrics, and you all know I’m such a big fan of Naomi Ito’s designs that I look forward to this every year. This year’s range is a mix of old and re-worked old favorites, and some new substrates for the first time. I will be sewing up some garments/bags from this year’s collection and will blog about them as I go along. To view the full range of this year’s design, you can go to the official nani IRO website or buy them from Nekoneko.co
The very first design that caught my eye this year is this beautiful piece of art called Jardin, which means garden in French. And this particular colorway really makes the colors pop and this fabric is so so so gorgeous in real life. This is a double gauze which is super soft and cozy yet breathable for warmer weathers. I am not used to wearing such colorful or floral pieces though, so I used the Short Sleeve Work Dress (pattern N) from the book The Nani Iro Sewing Studio but cropped to the The Work shirt’s (pattern P) length instead.
After making the top which is meant to be a casual piece for wearing with jeans, now I’m thinking this fabric will be even more amazing on a dress. But I didn’t have enough fabric! Unfortunately this is sold out already on nekoneko.co but more stocks will be coming in soon! This is by far the most popular design in the store this year and it’s literally flying off the shelves.
If you want to have some of this lovely fabric, either wait for the restock happening real soon, or take part in our contest!
For the past two years we have held the contest Win a Bolt of nani IRO over on instagram. And this year our generous sponsor Nekoneko.co will be sponsoring yet another bolt of this lovely fabric Jardin in white double gauze to one very lucky winner! On top of that the winner will also get a copy of the English version of The Nani IRO Sewing Studio.
Here’s how to enter.
This giveaway will be held on Instagram only.
Here’s how to enter. Go to the Giveaway post on Instagram
- Follow @japanesesewingbooks on Instagram
- Hop on over to Nekoneko.co’s Instagram page and follow @nekonekofabric on Instagram
- Comment on the giveaway post on either or both of our accounts (Japanesesewingbooks / NekonekoFabric and tell us what you will make if you win this! (If you comment on both that doubles our chances of course!)
- Tag at least 3 friends in the comments below the giveaway posts, whom you think will love to take part in this giveaway. One tag per comment please! The more friends you tag, the more chances you have to win!
!For extra chances of winning!
Post a photo on your own Instagram account with one OR more of the following, with the hashtag #winaboltofnaniiro2020. Every post with a valid hashtag gives you one extra chance of winning!
– your nani IRO makes
– your nani IRO stash
– or repost the giveaway banner image from my giveaway post.
– Hash tag the post with all 3 tags #winaboltofnaniiro2020 #nekonekofabric and #japanesesewingbooks so we can find your post.
IMPORTANT! We will only be able to view your entry if your account is set to Public so don’t forget to do so!
This giveaway is open worldwide and ends 28th March 2020 (Saturday) 0900hrs Singapore time (UTC +8) One very lucky winner will be picked randomly out of all the entries and announced the following Monday (30th March 2020)
Have fun and good luck!